Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thoughts on Jughead

I just finished watching Jughead and some answers are starting to jell in my brain. Ellie, possibly the same person as Eloise Hawking, is almost certainly Daniel Faraday's mother. I suspect he could be Charles Widmore's boy too.*

Well, things on the island are certainly getting convoluted, that's for sure. Somehow I thought Jughead would be scarier than an atomic bomb - like something that could destroy the world and not just the island... or maybe, it is. Perhaps a blast of that magnitude so close to the island's special properties (exotic matter especially) could cause catastrophic devistation.

I think there is a special clue is Charlotte forgetting her mother's maiden name. Has something happened during the time travels that may have made Charlotte's existance/ birth precarious? Is that even possible? If we are to believe Mrs. Hawking it isn't. However, some people seem to be above the rules (such as Desmond). Certainly Charlotte was in no special position relative to the other castaways during the initial incident of the island moving. If anyone, Faraday was closest to the edge of the island "bubble." I suspect something happens in the past that hasn'thappened in the past yet to Charlotte (if you understand that sentence you are watching too much Lost).

Well, off to watch a second time and see if I can solidify my thoughts.

* On a side note, I'm not discounting Claire's boyfriend/ Aaron's father as Ben's boy either - they look so damned much alike. He could be Widmore's too though since Charles seems so fond of his artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment