Friday, January 23, 2009

Maybe Alpert Ages After All

Alrighty, Here are some random thoughts about my favorite character (Alpert) after watching the Season 5 premier:

I think it's possible that Alpert ages just fine, but we have only seen present-future Alpert keeping an eye on Ben and John through most of the show. To Ben and John, Alpert would seem not to age much at all. Think back on the test he gives little-Locke:

Which of these already belongs to you?

The compass - it would already belong to Locke if Locke's consciousness had traveled to his younger self. It belongs to Locke only after Alpert gives it to him (which we just saw happen). It is possible that this scene, although in Locke's past, has not happened to Alpert yet?

In fact, maybe that's why Alpert says for Locke to give him the compass next time he sees him, so he can find when Locke is in time. Maybe Adult Alpert and young Locke scene IS the next time Alpert will meet John but not recognize him and Alpert is giving a heads-up on the right answer?

I'll admit, I'm probably not right about this. I just thought I'd share because the idea of it seemed intriguing to me. Now, with time travel in mind I plan to go back and watch previous episodes for clues. I think they have been showing people showing up in different times than they belong in for a while now; we just did not realize it because we thought only the consciousness and not the physical form could move. Wooohoo!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are absolutely right.

    I also think we are going to see someone we know (eg. John, Sawyer, Faraday) go to the past and do things like move Yemi's body from the plane, or edit the swan station orientation film and hide it in the bible at the arrow station, etc.

    I also think (and this is getting way off topic but I want to get it out) that the conception on the island/pregnancy issue is to do with preventing one from becoming one's own ancestor. Ben, Richard, and the "others" have been trying to resolve this inorder to allow someone (Aaron? Walt?) to become their own father/grandfather (Jacob? Christian?), for some reason.

    Son_of_Sevenless
    at mailbolt dot com

    ReplyDelete