Friday, January 30, 2009

Can't Sleep - So I'll Obsess About Lost

I have such a bad case of insomnia. It's a good thing I have Lost to think about! I have a few thoughts rummaging in my head. These are mainly notes to myself, but why not share with all 2 readers of my blog. . . *wave*

One came to me as I was commenting on DarkUFO:

I think she [Ellie] may be Eloise Hawking (and possibly Daniel's mum as well).

Somehow I see Ms. Hawking as a neutral character (representing destiny and the absence of free will) who is as likely to help Ben as she is to help Widmore; no matter what she does or which side she takes, she believes that things will "course correct."

Daniel could be her son and could also represent free will. He shows his willingness to change things by contacting Desmond and creating a new memory and by trying to find loopholes in the "rules" of time. I believe he will start taking this even further in future episodes, especially with Charlotte's life on the line.

His slowness in recognizing her could be related to how much time they actually spent together; he may have grown up only seeing her occasionally.
_____________________________________________

I'm also thinking about the idea that Locke was shot in the leg near the drug plane and that is the exact spot where he has trouble walking when we see him go there for the first time with Boone.

_____________________________________________

Could the voices (one of my personal favorite mysteries) be the time travelers? One voice heard occasionally sounds like Sawyer. The only thing that makes me think this is incorrect is that there is an obvious "Hi Sis" that sounds like Boone right before Shannon is shot. Boone is, obviously, dead at the time and not part of our current group.

_____________________________________________

Does there have to be a dead person along for the ride when people crash on the island (Jack's Dad, Locke, probably dead slaves on the Black Rock, etc)?

I said before that the coffin Jack finds and beats to pulp in Season 1 looks a lot like Locke's coffin (white interior, same wood, etc). How would that fit into what we know about island physics and time "rules?" Could some of the debris near the cave be from them coming back to the island?

____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment