Sunday, March 29, 2009

This week on Lost: Sayid Chokes the Chicken... Oh, and Tries to Kill a Little Kid Too!

First, my son came into the room when I was watching Lost and asked why Benjamin Franklin was stuck on Lost island; when I realized he was talking about Horace, I laughed myself silly. Just imagine Horace flying a kite in a tri-corn hat .... now on to the meat of the blog:

If you could kill Hitler as a baby, would you?

I'm not going into this too much because I know we've been making our own decisions all week and who am I to challenge your moral compass on a blog. But remember this, killing baby Hitler has it’s risks. Maybe, it will set worse things into motion. Say, for example, that someone Hitler murdered would have been the ancestor of a person who starts a global nuclear war that kills far more people than Hitler ever did. Time travel is a sticky subject; there is no definitive answer. Is one life worth less than the lives of many?

Anyway, what I'd rather talk about is "What Happened, Happened." Now, this line has been all over the comments on sites I go to all week and I'm starting to get sick of it. Let me just make an example of how this line means nothing to our theorizing one way or the other:

1. What happened, happened; therefore, what you did when you went back to 1977 happened and the future is changed now.

2. What happened, happened; therefore nothing you can do in 1977 will change anything in the future because it always happened that way.

If Ben, in fact, already knows that Sayid will shoot him, then he must want to be shot as a child. It must have some importance to him (maybe it facilitates his entry into the Others/ Hostiles). Obviously, Ben is priming Sayid for three years to be a killer. Unless, of course, Ben purposely was trying to keep Sayid Hostile to Ben enough to keep him off the plane. In which case, we could ask ourselves if Ilana was put into play by someone else to make sure young Ben was shot.

My Thought of the Day: Could the real "long con" on Lost be perpetuated by Eloise Hawking: That is, course correction could be complete bunk. Discuss...

By the way, re-check what I said last week about Juliet and who Ben thinks/ knows she is his in the future. I think we will see if I'm right this week.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment